John Hayford; Chair
Lori Ackatz; Vice Chair
Fran Konieczko; Secretary
Terrie Donaldson; Treasurer
A.N. Pritzker PTO Mission Statement
A.N Pritzker PTO is a non-profit parent/teacher organization whose membership includes all parents, legal guardians and staff of A.N. Pritzker Elementary School.
The PTO’s mission is:
*To promote open communication and understanding between parents and school staff;
* To enrich both the academic and arts curriculum and support extra-curricular activities through volunteerism fundraising and sponsorship;
* To support school and family social interaction.
Our efforts serve to enhance and maximize the education of every child while aiding them in achieving their highest potential.
They invested in real estate and small companies, mostly around Chicago Abram’s sons, Jay, Robert, and Donald, continued to grow the family business, eventually buying the Hyatt House hotel in San Francisco in 1957 and forming the cornerstone of their hotel chain. His son, Robert Pritzker, created a conglomerate of a multitude of manufacturing companies ,which grew into the multi billion dollar Marmon Group, and was diversified to include manufacturing concerns ranging from lumber to railroad box cars, and travel industry staples. On December 25th, 2007, it was announced that Warren Buffett, through Berkshire Hathaway, would purchase 60% of the Marmon Group from the Pritzkers for $4.5 Billion. The Pritzkers also own Royal Caribbean. TransUnion was a subsidiary of The Marmon Group until January 2005, but is now an independent, privately held company.
Abram’s philanthropic endeavors include
– creation of the Pritzker Architecture Prize;
– the Pritzker School of Medicine at the University of Chicago;
– the Pritzker Legal Research Center at Northwestern University;
– the Pritzker Research Library at Children’s Memorial Hospital;
– the Pritzker Military Library;
– the Pritzker Laboratory at the Field Museum;
– the AN Pritzker Elementary School;
– the Pritzker Wing at the Art Institute of Chicago;
– the Pritzker Children’s Zoo;
– the Pritzker Family Bandshell in Millenium Park
The Pritzker family also funds a charter school in the Hermosa Community of Chicago which is part of the noble network of charter schools. Pritzker College Prep is located at 4131 W. Cortland Avenue on the west side of Chicago.